Courses and sections are connected to institutional units through course codes. Course codes represent the prefix or abbreviation that your institution typically uses in the Course Bulletin (for example, courses in the Biology department might have the course code BIO, whereas courses in the Language department might have SP, FR, GER, RUS, or CH).
During Collaboratory setup, it is important to identify and link course codes to their respective units. This will enable for courses and sections to later be connected to their designated unit. You may identify multiple course codes for a single unit, however a course code may only be connected to one unit.
Enter Course Codes Manually
- Navigate to the Administration Panel.
- Select Internal in the header.
- Next, select Units from the left-hand sidebar.
- Select the green New button in the top right corner to create a new unit with a course code, or select the information button to the right of an existing unit to add a course code to a previously created unit. If adding a course code to an existing unit, select the Actions > Edit option on the unit's homepage.
- Within the unit's editing page, select the gray Add button under the Unit Course Codes section to attach a new course code to the unit.
- Make sure to hit the Submit button at the bottom of the edit unit screen.