Administrators can add Units in bulk to their institutions' Collaboratory. This is helpful when you are initially setting up your institution's Collaboratory.
NOTE: Units must be uploaded (either in bulk, or manually) before courses/sections may be imported.
How it Works
- Administrators should work with their institution to complete the Units Bulk Import Template (we suggest starting with the institutional research, budget, or planning offices).
- Once the .csv template has been completed, email it to your Treetop Commons Customer Specialist.
- Our development team will make the magic happen! Once you submit the template, your Customer Specialist will communicate with you about timelines and with any additional questions.
- Once the bulk import process is complete, your Units will be available in your Collaboratory Portal.
Formatting Guidelines for the .csv Import File
Complete the attached template with the following fields. During the import process, we will match each column in your file to a field in our database. We've provided example data to help you communicate field formats to your campus data managers who are helping you generate your Unit export file. Follow these guidelines to format each column in your file to get the best import results.
Before You Start:
- Maintain the column labels and order of columns. This is critical to a successful upload.
- If you do not know or have your institution's "External ID", please populate with a distinct number or text label containing no spaces or special characters for each record that you will not change going forward. This field is used to prevent duplicates on repeated uploads, to establish organizational hierarchy via the "Reports To" field, and for your reference when communicating with Collaboratory Support.
The following table defines each data point requested in the .csv template file (unless otherwise noted all fields are alphanumeric with no character number limitations):