Community Organizations may be created by Members when they contribute Activities, but Administrators are encouraged to manage Community Organizations in their institution's Collaboratory from the Administration Panel. Sometimes an institution may wish to pre-populate foundational Community Organizations so Members can quickly identify them. Administrators may import Community Organizations in bulk, or add them manually:
- Navigate to the Administration Panel.
- Select External in the header, then select Community Organizations from the left-hand sidebar.
- Select the Info button in the right-hand column of the table to see additional information and options for each Organization.
- From the View popover, Administrators can View, Send to Vault, or Delete the Organization.
- Administrators can add new Community Organizations which will be made available to faculty and staff during Activity creation. Select the green New button in the top right-hand corner of the table.
- Provide the requested information and select Done.
TIP: This may be a good time to let your community partners know about Collaboratory and that they may receive alerts. Community organizations will begin receiving emails when faculty and staff affiliate them with Activities. You may wish to more formally announce Collaboratory to those partners with whom you work most closely or most frequently, contextualizing the announcement within your institution's strategy for tracking and monitoring engagement and service.