Courses and their component Sections are most often created by Members when they contribute Activities, but Administrators are able to manage Courses/Sections in their institution's Collaboratory from the Administration Panel.
To manage your institution's Courses, navigate to the Administration Panel.
- Select Internal in the header, then select Courses from the left-hand sidebar.
- Selecting a Course in the table will reveal a dropdown menu of related Sections.
- Select the Info button in the right-hand column of the table to see additional information and options for each Course or Section.
Creating Course and Sections
Sometimes an institution may wish to pre-populate foundational community-based Courses/Sections to prevent data entry by its faculty and staff. Administrators can add new Courses and Sections at any time, which will be made available to faculty and staff during Activity creation. There are two ways to accomplish this:
- Select the green New button in the top right-hand corner of the table to add Courses or Sections one at a time.
- Work with your Account Manager to complete a Bulk Import of Courses each semester to pre-populate a large amount of Course/Section data at once.
Note that creating Units is a necessary precedent to pre-populating or uploading any Course or Section data, as the Course Code (which is needed to create a new Course) is identified on the Unit creation form.
Editing Courses and Sections
Only Administrators are able to edit Courses once they are created. To edit a Course, select the Info button in the right-hand column of the Courses table and select Edit. Administrators can also edit specific Sections of a Course. Select a Course in the table to reveal a dropdown menu of related Sections, then select the Info button for that Section and select Edit.
Deleting Courses or Sections
Courses and Sections can only be deleted if they are not affiliated with any active, published Activity. To delete a Course or Section, select the Info popover, then select Delete. If you delete a Course, this will also delete any associated Sections.