Activities can be submitted to you by proxies. You can take ownership of a proxied Activity by claiming it. There are three ways proxied content may be claimed:
- Claim Via Email
- Claim Via Alerts
- Claim Via My Content
1. Claim Via Email
- When a Proxy submits an Activity to you, you will receive an email inviting you to Claim it.
- Click on the Log in to Collaboratory link in the email. If you are not already logged in, you will be asked to do so.
- Once you are logged in, you will be immediately taken to Claim Proxied Content within My Dashboard. Skip to step 4.
2. Claim Via Alerts
- If you are already logged in to Collaboratory, you may claim proxied Activities using your Alerts Megadrop. Note that if you have not registered or have never logged into Collaboratory, you will need to use the link in the email that was sent to you to easily claim your proxied Activities.
- As a returning user, once you are logged in, select the exclamation point in the top right-hand corner, and click on the alert notifying you of the proxied Activity.
- You will be immediately taken to Claim Proxied Content within My Dashboard. Skip to step 4.
3. Claim Via My Content
- Once you are logged in, select your institution's logo in the top left-hand corner.
- This will open your My Content dropdown. At the bottom of this drop down, select Member Home.
- Once you are in your Member Home, select Track from the top navigation.
- Once you are in Track, toggle to My Submissions. Be sure that Incoming is selected. Next, select Claim Proxied Content from the left-hand navigation.
Step 4: Claim the Proxied Activity
- If a Proxy has submitted an Activity to you, it should be visible in the Claim Proxied Content table.
- Select the Info icon in the right-hand side of the table. In the pop-over, select VIEW TO CLAIM.
- In the View to Claim modal, select the name of the content in the header. This will open a new window where you can review the Activity submitted to you by a Proxy.
- Once you have reviewed the Activity, Claim or Deny it by selecting the red or green buttons at the bottom of the modal. Be sure to sign your name, leave a comment if desired, and check the review box.
- Once you Claim your Activity, you will be able to update what was submitted to you by the Proxy (proxies do not have to complete all required fields – they can complete only what they know).
Note that until you complete your Activity and submit it for moderation, it will not be visible to anyone but you and your Collaboratory’s Administrators.
To edit your Activity, select Actions | Edit.
Complete all required fields for your Activity. On Step 6 of the Activity, submit your Activity for review and approval by a Collaboratory Moderator.
Note that Activity Owners must complete all required fields before submitting – if you have not done so, you will see a list of unfulfilled fields and you will not be able to select the Submit button. You may click on the missing field to quickly find and complete it within your form.
Once you submit your Activity for review, it will be sent to a Collaboratory Moderator at your institution for approval. The Moderator may deny your Activity, and send it back to you for revision before approving it.
Once your Activity is approved, it will be visible to other members of your Collaboratory and to the broader public.
This video tutorial provides step-by-step instructions to claim a proxied activity: