Faculty and Staff can invite others to serve as their Proxy and submit Activities on their behalf. Once you receive such an invitation, you will need to accept it before you can proxy the requested content.
1. Claim via Email
- Click on the Log in to Collaboratory link in the email. If you are not already logged in, you will be asked to do so.
- Once you are logged in, you will be immediately taken to the Be a Proxy filter within My Dashboard. Skip to step 4.
2. Accept Via Alerts
- If you are already logged in to Collaboratory, you may accept an Invitation to Contribute using your Alerts Megadrop.
- Once you are logged in, select the exclamation point in the top right-hand corner, and click on the alert notifying you of proxied content.
- You will be immediately taken to the Be a Proxy filter within My Dashboard. Skip to step 4.
3. Accept via my Content
- Once you are logged in, select your institution's logo in the top left-hand corner. This will open your My Content dropdown.
- At the bottom of this drop down, select Member Home.
- Once you are in your Member Home, select Track from the top navigation.
- Once you are in Track, toggle to My Submissions. Be sure that Incoming is selected. Next, select Be a Proxy from the left-hand navigation. Skip to step 4.
Step 4: Accept the Invitation
- If someone has invited you to Proxy an Activity on their behalf, the invitation should be visible in the Be a Proxy table.
- Select the Info icon in the right-hand side of the table.
- In the pop-over, select BE THE PROXY.
This will launch the Activity Creation process, and you will be able to contribute the Activity that you were invited to proxy on behalf of another user.
Provide as much information as you can about the Activity. On Step 6, you may choose to send the Activity to the Activity Lead for review and submission or you may submit the Activity directly to the portal for publication if all required fields are completed. You will be able to edit the Activity until it is published.