Collaboratory makes it possible for you to provide Activity information on behalf of others at your Institution.
Step 1: Select an Activity Lead
- From your Collaboratory homepage, select Add Activities.
- Select Be a Proxy.
- To identify the Intended Activity Lead prior to entering Activity data, click Select next to Intended Activity Lead. You can also choose to enter Activity data first and identify the Intended Activity Lead prior to submission. To do this, select
- Select an existing Faculty or Staff Member from the modal to identify them as the Intended Activity Lead. Selecting the bullseye will display that member's institutional profile in a new browser window for quick review.
If you do not see the individual for which you are looking, select Don't see them? Invite to register in the top right corner of the modal.
Provide the name and email of the faculty or staff member you wish to invite and select Invite. This will close the modal and send an email invitation to that individual. Once that individual joins Collaboratory and officially appears in the modal, you will be able to add them to the Activity.
Step 2: Create Activity
- Once you have identified the intended Activity Lead or invited them to register, select Create Activity.
- You will be asked a series of questions to categorize the Activity you are creating as either community engagement or public service. Select the Begin button.
- After your Activity is categorized, you will be taken through 6 sections of questions culminating with your e-signature.
- We recognize that a Proxy may not know all the information required to submit an Activity. For this reason, Proxies can submit Activities to the Owner without completing all required fields. When the Owner receives the proxied Activity, they must complete all remaining required fields.
- On Step 6 of the Activity, review the Owner's contact information, sign your name, and select Submit.This will send a notification to the Owner that an Activity has been created for them. If you have not yet identified the Intended Activity Lead for the Activity, you will be required to do so prior to submission.
As Proxy, you retain rights over the Activity until the activity is published. At that point you will no longer have access to the Activity from your Content drop-down.
Once the Activity Lead has accepted the invitation and claimed the Activity, as Proxy, you may submit the Activity on their behalf if all required fields are complete. After the Activity Lead has accepted, in Step 6 you may choose to submit the Activity directly to the portal for moderation and publication.
If you are a Collaboratory Administrator, you have access to Proxied Activities from Administration | Internal | Activities. Since administrators have access to all activities it's important that each Proxied Activity is started and submitted by only one account. We highly recommend that administrators interact only with the content that they create - which can easily be identified via the My Content drop-down.
If you are unsure of who owns a particular piece of content, you can confirm the owner via Administration | Internal | Activities.
This video tutorial provides step-by-step instructions to create an activity as a proxy: